About Our School
Beverly MA 01915
Welcome to the Hannah School website!
Our school is named after the USS Hannah, the first commissioned ship in George Washington’s Navy in 1775. We presently have approximately 360 students attending Pre-K through grade five in a renovated facility,which includes a STEAM Lab. In addition, we have devoted art, music, science, guidance, reading,occupational therapy, physical therapy, resource and conference rooms.
Our efforts are focused on student achievement in an environment that fosters a strong sense of school community. We monitor student progress and plan instruction based on assessment data results. Teachers utilize the Responsive Classroom approach to building a strong sense of community within each classroom and within our school.Morning meeting is conducted in classrooms each day with a focus on helping students feel comfortable and happy in school. Additionally, we provide:
- Daily, dedicated 90 minute literacy block
- Daily, dedicated 60 minute math block
- Literacy interventions for students who require them;
- An emphasis on higher order thinking skills, including activities such as, analysis of topics/questions, reflection on text passages, evaluation of information, and prediction of events;
- A concentration on writing across the curriculum;
- An inclusionary and resource room combination model for special education students;
- An integration of technology into the content areas, using software and web-based programs;
- An active and supportive parent organization providing enrichment and community activities for the students;
- A focus on assistive technology for designated students;
- Reading support from our certified reading specialist in and out of the classroom.
Administration, teachers and parents work collaboratively to provide rich, worthwhile experiences for all students. We all work together to make student success happen. Our mission at the Hannah School is to produce well-rounded students who have enriching experiences academically, culturally, and socially. We want to produce enthusiastic learners, who will go on to succeed in life. Please read our Mission Statement, which is on this site.
We welcome you to come visit us and see the wonderful things that are happening in our school. Please do not hesitate to email me ([email protected]) or call me (978-921-6126).
De'Arna Krinsky, Adjustment Counselor, 978-921-9126, ext. 139